Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Good Feedback


In an effort to make my book the best I possibly can before unleashing it upon the world, I have recently joined the online writing workshop CritiqueCircle.com.  The idea is to have people read and comment on my novel, thereby spotting any problems I might have missed in the revision.

I am happy to report that, so far, the feedback I’ve gotten has been quite positive.  One of my best beta readers on CritiqueCircle.com, Christina McKnight, even went so far as to mention my novel Protector on her blog.  You can read her kind words here

One of the main reason why her review means so much to me, is because she is not normally a reader of fantasy.  I must be doing something right, if my book is able to touch and resonate with readers outside of the fantasy genre.

P.S. If anyone reading this would like to offer their take on my novel Protector, I have set up a critique group (on CritiqueCircle.com) where you can do so.  Let me know and I’ll provide more info.

Short synopsis of my novel Protector:

A clueless, powerful soldier accompanies loved girl, and the group sent to collect her, to the other side of a Veil separating two worlds, trying to keep her safe from priests who rule their world, and are bent on stopping them.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Vanna, glad you're finding CC helpful. I certainly appreciate the depth of critiques I've had there, and it's a lively forum for all sorts of writerly advice. Good luck with your novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm also getting invaluable comments on my novel on CC. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge with it ;)

    ReplyDelete